The Surf Tech team are a dedicated team who are passionate about IT and providing excellent customer service to our clients.
If you are interested in joining a forward thinking company then please feel free to apply for any positions listed below by sending your CV and covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We would request that recruitment agencies do not contact us.
3rd Line Senior IT Support Engineer
Working hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm with an hour’s lunch
Location: Stourport on Severn, Worcestershire
Brief overview of the role
If you are passionate with a will to succeed, then Surf Tech IT would love to hear from you. The successful candidate will have, as a minimum, a strong understanding of standard IT technologies (to include desktop, firewall, networking, backup, printers, server) and have a strong desire to deliver a high quality service to external customers, primarily within approximately a 2 hour Stourport.
This is an IT support role and will be supporting the customers in the business by:
- Working with Senior Management team to provide top level IT expertise
- Providing IT Troubleshooting via telephone and remote support software
- 3rd line escalation from 1st and 2nd line support engineers
- To provide some onsite solution implementation
- Providing high level customer care and building relationships with customers
- To build personal knowledge of their product portfolio
You will have:
- Previous experience of working in an IT environment to the requisite level of technical understanding
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies (Hyper-V/VMWare). Also Server, Storage and Networking would be preferred
- Ability to produce clear and concise documentation
- Microsoft Windows Server technology design and implementation
- Good knowledge of Active Directory/Microsoft Exchange design and implementation
- Administer Office 365 suite
- Understanding of security solutions such as implementation of Nextgen Firewalls
- Ideally candidate will hold MCSE/MCITP and VCP would also be beneficial
You will have:
- Suitable personal skills to build relationships with clients
- Highly effective communication skills and phone manner
- Ability to handle challenging customer situations and work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise work-load and multi-task
- Ability to work in a proactive, methodical manner whilst having attention to detail
- Strong Problem Solving skills